Monday, December 9, 2013

Penny Arcade Report closes its doors



News site of Penny Arcade calls it a day after nearly two years.





The news vertical of Penny Arcade, Penny Arcade Report,* announced Friday that it is shutting its doors after two years in the business.

Penny Arcade’s Tycho Brahe explained in a post that he felt his company branched off in too many directions and needed to refocus on producing comics, its consumer show PAX and its charity Child’s Play.

“I don’t think I want to ‘grow my business’ anymore; I sort of want to do the opposite. *And I’m tired, sick to death, of saying ‘Maybe Someday’ when it comes to the things we really want to make,” wrote Brahe. *“So, we’re not going to do that anymore. *The next year is going to be a pretty big one, one of the biggest yet; it’s the year the previous fifteen have been leading up to in the literal.”

Penny Arcade Report editor Ben Kuchera didn’t allude to any future plans in last post on the site, but said that he enjoyed the journey and wished everyone involved the best.

“I’m not really interested in crying over spilled milk; sometimes these things work out, and sometimes they don’t,” he wrote. “I’ve had a wonderful two years at Penny Arcade, and the few times I worked directly out of the office I enjoyed the commitment and joy that everyone found in their work.”

“The fact that you came around here from time to time to give us a bit of your attention, and hopefully get something out of each story, is an amazing thing for me.You gave me your time, and I hope I gave back something of worth.”

Source: Penny Arcade Report



Read More: http://vr-zone.com/articles/penny-ar...ors/66283.html






via VRForums | Singapore Technology Lifestyle Forums - News around the web! http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=2981445&goto=newpost

No comments:

Post a Comment